Tuesday, September 18, 2012

INSPIRATION: RIGHT JUST WHEN I NEED IT!



It's still the start of the school year but honestly, my thoughts are wandering and I am discouraged. I guess I am just so excited to follow my dreams and ambitions of pursuing my nursing profession. The papers I have to check are piling up and I'm just too tired to check them. (It's just not what & who I used to be.) This morning, while checking my 11th & 12th grade students' work from 3 weeks ago, I was so surprised & appalled with what I read in most of my students' essays. 

It's customary that teachers usually get touching notes or letters from students at the end of the school year. It's always rewarding to hear compliments and appreciation from students after pouring all my energy, emotions, time and dedication. 

But this time, it feels different because it's the start of the school year yet and I have read so many inspiring and touching words from my students--just as what I need to bring back my enthusiasm in teaching. 


Here are a few of what they've written:





This is one of my favorites. The grammar & spelling doesn't matter anymore!




Teachers never get rich with money. Teaching is emotionally draining. Teaching can be really stressful. We give our all and we are left empty-handed. With all the hard work we do, oftentimes, we aren't appreciated. In teaching, I have become an artist, actress, performer, counselor, musician, comedian, janitor, nurse, teacher, sister, friend, secretary, police, slave, technician and a "PARENT." 



Now, I truly understand why my parents always say, "Teaching is indeed a rewarding profession."  It's a sacred  calling because you can either break or build a student. I am thankful of my strong MVC nursing background because I make sure that they are developed "HOLISTICALLY." Regardless of the emphasis MIHS is putting on academics, I know what's more important in life. After all, they might forget about the things from the books but I'm sure the lessons and values about real life will be forever instilled in their minds. Thank you Lord for giving me inspiration to again give my "ALL" for this sacred task.




No comments:

Post a Comment