Thursday, February 7, 2013

Majuro's Sunsets & Sunrises

Marshall Islands is located very near the International Date Line so it's one of the few countries that leads the time. In the whole world, we celebrate holidays first, meet the day first and say good-bye to the day first. 

Aside from the fact that sunsets and sunrises are beautiful, there's something magical and unexplainable about them that makes people love them. For the 12 years of considering Majuro my 2nd home, it's late when I realized sunrises and sunsets there are very majestic! I couldn't help but praise and glorify God with the beauty I learned to notice during the last few months of my stay there. 

The Pacific Ocean is what covers the seemingly limitless horizon at the back of our house at the Marshall Islands High School campus. The Ocean is about 15 meters away from our house. Every morning when I peeped through my bedroom window, I saw different marvelous sunrises made more beautiful by the still, calm and blue Pacific Ocean. In  front of the school campus across the road is the lagoon side where the sun sets. 

Here are a few photos of sunsets & sunrises the last 2 months of my stay at my 2nd home--Majuro! (I don't know anything about photography. I'm lazy to learn. I just talke pictures of what I think is beautiful to my eyes. Lol! I often use my iPhone or iPad since they're always accessible and available. Some of the good photos were taken by my Dad.)

SUNRISES 
Each sunrise signifies a new beginning. With a new day comes a fresh start.


SUNSETS
Each sunset reminds us that a day has just passed by. It's a time to reflect on what you're life was throughout the day. Each day ends and you can never ever bring back that day again. Time lost is time wasted. Regrets usually haunt you when there is no more time left. So make use of each day before the sun sets. Fulfill your purpose before your time is up. 

3 comments:

  1. I so wanna experience what it's like living 15 meters from the Pacific Ocean!!:/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It felt...normal...I only realized the splendor of it when I had very little time left to savor what I might not be able to experience again.

      Delete
    2. It felt scary too when the waves sounded so angry. I guess I've learned to value life & love God more too because of the frequent tsunami alerts. hehehe...

      Delete